Jun 11, 2020
The Tournament that is going to be Off the Hook
This year’s Wilmington, NC Spanish Mackerel Open will be June 14-16, 2019. This year the goal of the event is to be earlier in June so the fish are bigger and more abundant! Each Spring these Mackerels make their way northward from Southern Florida eating baitfish along the way. North Carolina isn’t their stopping point during their migration, however, most tend to stay until the water cools and the baitfish leave for the fall. The Spanish Mackerel Open encourages you to bring your family and friends for a day full of fishing and celebrating. If you’re lucky, there are even strong cash payouts! 🙂 It’s a win-win! The Open is for all ages and they have multiple Youth Angler Divisions for your kids and teens to participate in.
They will be hosting the Registration, Captains’ Party on Friday, June 14 from 3 pm-8 pm at Wild Wing Cafe. The fishing days are treated as a ‘Captain’s Choice Format,’ Captains base on their discretion if they would like to fish either Saturday, June 15, or Sunday, June 16. No lines are allowed in the water before 6:30 am. The weigh-in location will be on Wrightsville Beach at Motts Channel Seafood docks. Weigh-ins will start at 10 am and all participants must be in line by 2 pm. Additionally, the Awards Dinner will be Sunday, June 16 from 2 pm to 3:30 pm at Wild Wing Café.
Off the Hook Yacht Sales will have a team of hungry, ambitious fishermen excited to fish the tournament for the second year in a row. Below is a photo of Phil Johnson, a salesman at OTHYS, from last year’s tournament.
With the help of Wide Open Tech and Cape Fear Community College Sea Devil Club, this event would not be able to happen. Thank you to the sponsors and the CFCC beneficiary for contributing to such a fun event in our community! We look forward to fishing!
- Entry Fee: $100 per boat before June 3; $125 per boat after June 3
- Over $5,000 in cash and prizes to be awarded (based on 50 boats)
- Primary Prizes based on the heaviest weight of up to three Spanish mackerel
- TWTs: Three-Spanish, Single Big Spanish, & Single Big Bluefish
- Fish with as many anglers on your boat as you like (no limitations)
- Captain’s Choice Format: Pick your one day of fishing–Saturday, June 15, or Sunday, June 16
- No Checkouts & No Boundaries
- Complimentary Captains’ Party (Friday, and hosted by Papa Murphy’s Pizza, Anheuser Busch/Adams Beverages, and Jack Daniel’s)
- Complimentary Awards Dinner (Sunday, and dinner buffet hosted by Wild Wing Cafe–also serving fresh, fried Spanish mackerel)
If you want more information about the event please click here!
Off the Hook Yacht Sales has a proven process for both dealers and private sellers to liquidate their used boats and trades immediately! We have been the industry leader in marine wholesale since 2012. If you are looking for a fast, fair, and competitive number on your boat please click here!